1. Who (is pitching)- Tim Hudson (SF) vs. John Lackey (STL)
- Hudson’s last game: 7.1 IP, 1 ER, ND. 10 days ago vs. Washington
- Lackey’s last game: 7.0 IP, 1 ER, W. 8 days ago vs. Dodgers.
2. What (is the series at)- The series is tied 1-1.
3. When- First pitch is at 4:07PM EST
4. Where (can you watch it)-
6. Tickets- it’s a lot cheaper in San Francisco.
– According to Forbes, NLCS tickets are 17% cheaper in San Francisco. The average price on the secondary market for the first two games in St. Louis were $276.16. For games 3, 4, and 5 in San Fran that number averages out to $229.07.
8. Notable Injuries-
- STL- Yadier Molina (C) will not be playing today as a result of a strained oblique he suffered in Game 2. A.J. Pierzynski will fill in his spot.
- SF- Michael Morse (LF) strained oblique. He is day-to-day and could be available if needed
9. Stats on stats on stats-
10. The last catcher other than Molina to start for St. Louis in the playoffs was Mike Matheny, in Game 3 of the 2004 World Series.
11. This is Pierzynski’s first start since Sept. 11
12. Left handed hitter Matt Adams is .318 against right handed pitchers and only .190 versus lefties.
13. After spending 6 years in Oakland (99-04) and 9 years with the Braves (05-13), this is Tim Hudson’s first year with San Francisco. He is 39 years-old.
14. Winning game 3 is important…kinda. Last time either of these two teams went down 2-1 in a playoff series they both ended up winning it. Cards last season against the Pirates, and Giants 2012 against the Cardinals (they actually went down 3-1 and still won).
15. Hudson faced the Cardinals once this year in July, and allowed just three hits and two walks in seven scoreless innings while striking out six.
16. John Lackey’s career postseason stats: 111 IP, 2.92 ERA, 86 Ks, 2 World Series Titles